Ah, the wonders of pregnancy! Whether dealing with your first baby or the fifth, many are forecasting to consider and for which they must prepare. Unfortunately, the excitement of becoming a mother may be overshadowed by back pain and sciatica. Three out of four pregnant women experience back pain. Some time before losing their waist. Here are some active release Chiropractic tips to help you deal with such pain.
What causes pregnancy back pain and sciatica?
- Changes in your body during pregnancy affect more than physical appearance. What most women already know is weight gain: about twenty five pounds or even more. The increase in body weight and pressure to bend, apply pressure on a herniated or bulging in the lower back disc. Back pain and sciatica are common issues.
- As the uterus grows more and more, the center of gravity changes its place. Sometimes, as the uterus expands in the pelvis, the spinal nerves in the lumbar and sacral regions of the spine, supplying the sciatic nerve, is compressed and irritated. This is another cause of back pain and sciatica.
- Moreover, hormones are working, particularly relaxin hormone that relaxes the pelvic ligaments and helps prepare the body of the mother for childbirth. Relaxin also loosens ligaments elsewhere in the body, but especially the joints of the pelvis, lower back and knees. It is important to know when to exercise or lifting, because it is easily unwind during pregnancy. Move slowly and avoid sudden movements.
How to prevent?
- Pay attention to your posture. Stand up straight, shoulders back, and avoid bending forward.
- Use a pillow of normal size, to help you sleep comfortably. You can place a pillow between the knees and below the abdomen to support it.
If you develop back pain, talk to your doctor, consult with your chiropractor to keep control your body weight.
A chiropractor uses a number of manual adjustments on the spine within his treatment process. The main purpose is to fix the present imbalances to alleviate discomfort and pain of sciatica. By using the Active Release techniques, a chiropractic can be very helpful to relieve their bothersome symptoms.
Denverback has a highly experienced and award winning team of chiropractors in Denver offers the best treatment and advice to help you with your sciatica pain, shoulder, neck or other spinal pain problems.